Kays battery for my Pajero – is it any good or should I look elsewhere?
I've got a 2016 Mitsubishi Pajero that's been my trusty desert companion for years, but the battery is starting to show its age and I can feel it's only a matter of time before it leaves me stranded somewhere inconvenient. I was talking to a buddy of mine who runs a small workshop in Mussafah, and he recommended I look into Kays batteries because apparently they're manufactured with some kind of advanced technology that makes them more resistant to the extreme heat we get here, and they also have a decent warranty compared to some of the cheaper alternatives. I've never really heard of Kays before, to be honest – I'm more familiar with brands like ACDelco, Bosch, and Varta – but he seemed pretty confident about them and said he's been fitting them for a few customers who have been happy with the performance. The thing that caught my attention is that this particular garage offers a full diagnostic service before they even touch the battery, which is exactly what I need because I suspect my alternator might be on its way out as well. I came across this website recently when I was doing some research, and you can actually see this page for Kays battery repair if you're curious about what they offer, which was really helpful for understanding the specs and warranty details. My main concern is whether the Kays battery is actually going to last in a big SUV like the Pajero, especially because I do a fair bit of off-roading in the desert during the winter months, and that puts a lot of stress on the electrical system with all the auxiliary lights and winch that I've got installed. I've heard that some batteries don't handle the vibration and jolting from off-road driving very well, and they end up failing prematurely because the internal plates get damaged. So I'm trying to figure out if Kays is known for being robust in that regard, or if I should stick with a more established brand that I know has a good reputation. Also, I'm curious about the pricing – are they competitively priced compared to the big names, or are they more of a premium product? If anyone here has actually used a Kays battery in a 4x4 or any other car for that matter, I'd really appreciate hearing about your experience, especially how long it lasted and whether you had any issues with the warranty when you needed it.